Friday, December 6, 2013

Flailing-Like-a-Fish Friday

There are weeks when I know my life isn't working.

This is one of them.

I really feel like I'm just spinning my wheels here. I have exercised once this week even though we've had some warmer weather (70s - in DECEMBER!). I just feel a sense of panic about getting my work done and even though I am really trying...each day...I come up short. I'm not making the amount of money I need and even worse....I'm not making extra for Christmas money.

I just don't know what is wrong with me. I actually went to bed early last night, but then The Hubby was having a rough night (coughing, snoring, tossing, turning) and that kept me awake. I drug myself out of bed and now...now...it is almost 11:30 and I haven't even started working yet. I've been like that all week.

Anyway, I usually say I am going to regroup this weekend. I won't say that. Instead, I will say that I'm going to take some time and try to chill out. I suspect a lot of this is holiday depression. I've been running scenarios in my head about what I want to say to my mother and all that hurt keeps bubbling up even though I keep pressing it back down. Just in a bad frame of mind right now and not sure how to shake it.

Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Step back from it. You are stressing yourself out and stress is counter productive! The more you worry about making enough and extra money, the more you are going to struggle to do so!

    I don't have any magical solution for you. I wish I did. My advice. Getr back to your walks. Walking in nature for me is stress relieving....allows me to decompress. Use that for you (or whatever works for you) and get your mind in the right place....you'll be more productive if you've done something like that....something that helps you recharge your batteries!!!!!

    You have this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have read this before I wrote my post today. lol...sigh...yeah, I need to walk. Can't find the time right now, but I do need to get back to it.

      Delete
  2. I agree about getting back to your walks. Even if you can't spare an hour for a long walk, try 15 minutes or 20. There are walking workouts on YouTube if it is raining or cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found a few videos on YouTube. I may have to actually try one. Thanks for the nudge.

      Delete