Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Talk Tuesday: Baby, It's Cold Outside!

We're in single digits down here in good old sunny Georgia. It was 5* degrees this morning when I took the dog out. I suspect it's up to a balmy 10 or 12 degrees now, however.

Needless to say...I haven't walked in the new year like I had planned. In fact, very little of what I had planned has gone the way it's suppose to. I know it's still very early in the year, but rather discouraging if you can't get it right for even one of the first seven days of January.

Moving on to other matters....the in-laws got together this past Saturday for an after Christmas dinner at Cracker Barrel. I like Cracker Barrel, but it wouldn't have been my first or even second choice. Where I'm going with this though is that it was rather depressing to realize that I am now officially the fattest (and you know I hate that word!) one in the family. My SIL has somehow managed to lose a ton of weight. She is also dressing like someone who has lost a ton of weight, so I felt kind of slouchy as well.

Meanwhile, the niece is still overweight, but it appeared she had lost some too. I lost...but obviously not enough for anyone to notice.

Anyway, all of this has got me thinking about Weight Watcher's SIMPLY FILLING plan again. I even understand that it is the plan WW is putting new members on since it pretty much guarantees that you'll lose the weight. Basically, it's an "eat anything you want...as long as it's on the list" type of plan. I should be able to do it....so why can't I make a commitment to it? Why do I equate a healthy eating style with deprivation? Wouldn't I rather be thin than eating my way to an early death with a few minutes of gratification? Apparently not...or rather apparently not yet.

I just keep thinking though that I don't want to be the only overweight one when we meet again next Christmas. I would rather have everyone surprised and shocked to learn that she (I) finally did it.

So how do I gather that motivation and bottle it? I'm sure I could make a fortune!



2 comments:

  1. Channel all if that desire. Imagine how good you are going to feel in some slinky red dress next year when you meet up with the inlaws. Imagine how they are going to ohhh and ahhh over your new body and your new looks. Think about it constantly. Dream about it. It will keep you focused and will make it so much easier to say no to that piece of cake...or that extra piece of pizza....or whatever! It will make it easier to say "why yes, I'm going to walk today, even though it's not the optimum weather" (ha ha ha...NOTHING would make me want to walk outside in the current temps though! ha ha ha) You have it in you. I know you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping I will feel inspired after this weather turns around. Just not feeling it today...sigh....

      Delete