Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

279.0
Once again, I'm not sure if this is my actual weight. I weighed 276.5 on New Year's day, so this is probably water retention, but hard to say.

Regardless, it appears that last year at this time I was around 281-283, so really it's pretty fair to say that I accomplished nothing over the last year. I've basically been between 276.5 and 283 for the last 12 months.


On the positive side of things, I guess this means that I haven't been eating more than usual. On the negative side of things, it means that I apparently haven't replaced any bad habit with any good ones.

I keep wondering what my problem is. Why I can't just simply "Do It!" as the old Nike saying goes? I have the tools. I know what to do...and yet...it doesn't happen. I can't or won't commit. I feel deprived and angry that others can eat whatever they want and look great, while I merely look  at something I want to eat and gain weight.


I realize there has to be sacrifice if I really truly want this. I just can't seem to make myself take that step. Instead, I continue to be a work in progress I guess...

2 comments:

  1. I had the same revelation when I looked at my weight chart to see what my weight was at the beginning of 2013. I lost....nothing. Gained, actually. And I also have all the tools I need to do this, even a gym membership paid for by my company. I don't want to waste 2014 by accomplishing nothing, but I am not clear exactly how to be sure that doesn't happen again. Maybe the trick is realizing there is no magic trick; I just have to do what I know I should do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I have no wise words of wisdom today....if you read my post for Friday...you'll see I'm just running around in little circles. Perhaps the weekend will bring clarity. We'll figure this out!

    ReplyDelete