Friday, April 11, 2014

Flake Friday: Procrastination and Perfection

I really have no clue what the title of this blog post means other than I am sitting here right now finding every excuse I can not to start writing (the writing that pays...anyway). I don't know why I am doing this other than I feel like the rest of the week has already been messed up....so....why try to make today a winning day?

Ironically, that's quite similar to my dieting and exercise attempts. Already messed it up for this day/week/month/year...might as well wait until tomorrow/next week/next month/next year. Strangely, I read an article that said that trying to be perfect is actually tied to depression. Apparently, people who aren't depressed are usually able to just kind of go with the flow, but people who are depressed hang on to the thought that everything must be perfect for them to succeed, which as you know rarely ever happens, so that feeds the depression....or something like that.

I really can't say that much has changed here other than the bruising on my face has lessened. The hematoma is still there and if you think you're subconscious (don't think that's the right word, but can't think of the word I actually want to use...) about your appearance when you're overweight...well, you can imagine how it feels to be overweight AND have a goose egg sitting on your cheek.

Anyway, there's a lot more on my mind right now, but I think writing about it today would just make this post more confusing than it really is. My mother sent me a letter that I want to talk about and there is an inkling of an idea of exercising again wandering around in my brain, so there's another whole blog post about that. For now...just know I'm still here and I am reading through everyone's blog even if I'm not always commenting.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I am notorious for using the excuse that if I messed up one meal, I may as well screw up the entire day. It's such a horrible attitude to take, yet I always do it!

    Has the doctor given you an idea of how long it will take that bruising to fade away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bruising is pretty much gone...the swelling, on the other hand, is still really bad. I looks like I got stung by a large bee! :-(

      Delete